[수중사진작가] Keri Wilk (Canada) (2013월 1/2월호)
 작성자 : 스쿠바미디…
작성일 : 2013-05-01     조회 : 6,309  

54b36a4a4ba7f4b0ee1fd050724c3ab3_1359958838322.jpg

Dolphins

Shot in Kona, Hawaii while snorkeling. The diving live-aboard ship was moored in a large bay where a large pod of dolphins can often be seen. While everyone on the boat decided to go for a dive on the reef below, I opted to get in a skiff and dropped off right in the middle of the dolphins path. They seemed to be traveling in a circle, so it was relatively easy to intercept their pod for a few photo opportunities every couple of minutes. After almost 2 hours of shooting them, the pod eventually left me alone, so I called the skiff back and got back on the boat. When I showed others on the boat the images I got, they all started kicking themselves for not joining me as well!

돌고래

하와이의 코나에서 스노클링하면서 촬영. 리브어보드는 돌고래의 무리들을 자주 볼 수 있는 커다란 항만에 정박했다. 배의 모든 사람들은 암초 아래쪽으로 다이빙하기로 결정했지만, 난 작은 보트에 타기로 결정했고 돌고래들이 이동하는 경로 한가운데 제대로 떨어졌다. 그들은 원형으로 여행하듯 보여서, 이 무리를 향해 쉽게 여러 장의 사진을 찍을 수 있는 기회가 있었다. 거의 2시간가량 찍은 후에 작은 보트를 다시 불러 리브어보드로 돌아왔다. 내가 리브어보드의 다른 사람들에게 사진들을 보여줬을 때, 그들은 나와 함께 하지 못했던 것을 후회하였다.

54b36a4a4ba7f4b0ee1fd050724c3ab3_1359958959726.jpg

Water Lily

Shot in a lake, in Ontario, Canada. Yellow water lily just below the surface of water, shot from below toward the sky, giving it the appearance of earth.

수련

캐나다 온타리오에 있는 호수에서 촬영. 수면아래에 있는 노란 수련을 아래에서 위로 촬영하였고, 하늘을 향해 촬영하여 지구의 형상을 띠고 있다.

54b36a4a4ba7f4b0ee1fd050724c3ab3_1359958991762.jpg

Sargassum

Shot in Domincan Republic, Caribbean Sea. A few friends and I decided to venture to the windward side of an island to search for different marine life, which isn't found on the lee side. Once we got across the island, we saw large expanses of floating sargassum mats (a type of seaweed) about as far as we could see in every direction. Since rare organisms sometimes inhabit this type of seaweed, I got my macro lens and swam out almost 200 meters to the large floating mats. As we approached the seaweed, I immediately regretted my choice of lens, since it presented a wide angle scene like no other that I'd seen before. Recognizing the opportunity, I swam back to shore, dried my equipment, changed lenses/ports, and made the swim back out. In some parts, the seaweed was so thick that it resembled a night dive when swimming below it! I've never come across a similar situation since then.

모자반(사르가슴, 조류)

카리브 해(Caribbean Sea)의 도미니카 공화국에서 촬영. 몇몇 친구와 나는 새로운 해양생물을 찾기 위해 섬의 바람이 불어오는 쪽을 모험하기로 결정했다. 일단 섬을 가로질러, 우리는 모든 방향에서 볼 수 있으며, 떠있는 모자반 매트(뗏목)가 넓게 펼쳐져 있는 것을 볼 수 있었다. 가끔 희귀한 생물들이 모자반 매트에 서식하기 때문에, 나는 접사렌즈를 장착하여 거대한 모자반 매트를 향해 거의 200m의 거리를 수영하였다. 우리가 모자반 매트에 접근했을 때 이제껏 본적이 없을 정도의 넓게 찍어야 할 장면이었다. 나는 렌즈의 선택을 후회했다. 나는 즉시 해변으로 돌아와서 내 장비를 건조시켜 렌즈와 포트를 바꾸고 다시 그 장소로 갔다. 일부에서는 모자반 매트가 너무 두꺼워 그 아래에서 수영할 때는 야간 다이빙을 하는 것 같았다. 난 그 이후로는 다시는 비슷한 상황을 볼 수가 없었다.

54b36a4a4ba7f4b0ee1fd050724c3ab3_1359959061489.jpg

Manta

Shot in Kona, Hawaii on a night dive. 10-20 divers gathered in a circle, and all pointed our torches toward the surface to attract as much plankton as possible. After a few minutes, there were swarms of plankton, which almost immediately attracted over a dozen mantas which started somersault feeding through our light beams. Once most of the plankton was consumed, and most of the mantas and divers had left, I was alone with one of them. It followed me back to the boat, and gave me a private show. Extending my camera up over my head as this manta swooped over me, I was able to get this high-impact down-the-throat shot.

만타가오리

하와이의 코나에서 야간 다이빙 중에 촬영. 10~20여명의 다이버가 원을 그리고 최대한 많은 플랑크톤을 불러 모으기 위해 횃불을 모았다. 몇 분후에 플랑크톤을 먹기 위해 찾아온 수십 마리의 만타가오리들이 플랑크톤의 물결을 일으켰다. 대부분의 플랑크톤을 먹어치운 만타가오리들은 사람들과 함께 전부 떠났다. 그 중에서도 난 혼자 남았는데, 보트 뒤에 남은 만타가오리 한마리만의 쇼를 볼 수 있었다. 이때 내 카메라를 머리위로 올려 나를 향해 헤엄쳐오는 만타가오리의 임팩트 강한 장면을 찍을 수 있었다.