[수중사진작가] Luc Eeckhaut (Belgium) (2017년 9/10월호)
 작성자 : 스쿠바미디…
작성일 : 2017-10-17     조회 : 5,523  

Luc Eeckhaut
I was born in Belgium in 1958, and had my first diving experience at the age of 14. After a few years of recreational diving, I stopped for professional reasons. It was by becoming a member of ?Nautic Diving Club Izegem? that I took up diving again around 1983. In 1994, I became a CMAS dive instructor.
My interest in photography only started around 1990, when I took my first underwater pictures with a sea&sea MM2 camera. After a few years I changed for a Nikon F90S in a Subal housing. As strobes, I use Subtronic and Ikelite.
Now that we live in the ?digital era?, I shoot with two Nikon D800 and a Hugyfot housing. As strobes, I am very happy with the Subtronic ?Nova? strobes. These strobes have the advantage that the batteries are no longer inside the strobe itself, but are placed in a special strobe arm who is connected to the strobe. This is a great help when travelling by plain, now that the airline companies become more and more severe and make a lot of restrictions concerning the weight allowance.
The main purpose of my photography, is producing and presenting slide shows, though recently, I also had some good results in national and international photo contests. As an underwater photographer, I very much like the macro photography. All kind of critters, and most of all the colourful nudibranchs have my special interest. Here fore, I use the Nikon 60mm and the 105mm lens. For wide angle I mostly shoot with the 10.5mm fisheye.
Because here in Belgium, underwater visibility is very poor, and conditions for underwater photography are not ideal, most of my pictures are taken on voyages to tropical destinations. I especially love Asia, such as the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, PNG, Palau, …. Those destinations offer great diving, but also the climate is hot (which I like very much) and the people are so friendly. Recently I was in Bali (Tulamben), and there I discovered one of the best opportunities.
Our planet is one of the most intriguing systems one can ever imagine. Thousands of different species, all living together in this very special world. "Homo Sapiens", is at the top of the chain. The use of a very well developed brain enables us to dominate and control most of the other species, and though human interference is sometimes necessary, very often it only causes trouble and destruction.
Two thirds of this planet consists of water, and this is the place, where still a lot has to be discovered. For me, as a diver, I seek for a short escape out of the hectic world above. As an underwater photographer, I try to catch the beauty of this magic world, so I can share it with others.

1958년 벨기에(Belgium)에서 태어났으며 14세에 처음으로 다이빙 경험을 했습니다. 레크리에이션 다이빙을 몇 년 한 후, 나는 전문적인 이유로 중단했습니다. 1983년경 ‘Nautic Diving Club Izegem’ 회원이 되어 다시 다이빙을 시작했습니다. 1994년에는 CMAS 다이브 강사가 되었습니다.
사진에 대한 관심은 1990년경 시작되었는데 sea&sea MM2 카메라로 수중사진을 찍기 시작하였습니다. 몇 년 후에는 Subal housing과 N ikon F 90S로 변경하였습니다. 스 트로브로는 Subtronic과 Ikelite를 사용했습니다.
현재는 ‘디지털 시대’이기 때문에 Nikon D800과 Hugyfot 하우징 2대를 가지고 촬영합니다. 스트로브로는 Subtronic ‘Nova’ 스트로브에 매우 만족합니다. 이 스트로브는 배터리가 스트로브 자체에 없고 스트로브에 연결된 특수한 스트로브암에 내장되어 있다는 장점이 있습니다. 요즘 항공회사가 수화물 중량에 관련하여 많은 제약을 가하기 때문에 이것은 항공 여행을 할 때 큰 도움이 됩니다.
사진촬영의 주요 목적은 슬라이드 쇼를 제작하고 발표하는 것입니다. 최근에는 국내외 사진 콘테스트에서도 좋은 결과를 얻었습니다. 나는 수중사진작가로서 접사사진을 아주 좋아합니다. 모든 종류의 생물과 다채로운 후새류의 대부분은 나의 특별한 관심사입니다. 이런 사진에는 Nikon 60mm 렌즈와 105mm 렌즈를 사용합니다. 광각촬영을 위해서는 10.5mm 어안렌즈를 사용합니다.
벨기에에서는 수 중시야가 매우 낮고 수 중사진 촬영조건이 이상적이지 않기 때문에 대부분의 사진촬영은 열대지방에서 합니다. 나는 특히 아시아를 좋아하는데 필리핀, 태국, 인도네시아, PNG, 팔라우 등. 그 목적지는 멋진 다이빙을 제공하지만, 기후가 따뜻하고(나는 아주 좋아합니다.) 사람들이 매우 친절합니다. 나는 최근에 발리의 뚤람벤에 간 적이 있는데, 거기에서 최고의 <먹 다이빙> 기회를 가졌습니다.
우리가 살고 있는 행성은 상상할 수 있는 가장 흥미로운 시스템 중 하나입니다. 수천 종류의 서로 다른 종들이 이 특별한 세상에서 함께 살고 있습니다. 인간은 체인의 최상위에 있습니다. 매우 잘 발달된 두뇌의 사용으로 우리는 다른 종을 지배하고 통제할 수 있으며, 때로는 인간의 간섭이 필요하지만 인간의 개입은 종종 문제와 파괴를 야기합니다.
이 행성의 3분의 2는 물로 이루어져 있으며 아직도 발견되지 않는 것이 더 많습니다. 나를 위해, 다이버로서, 바쁜 일상에서 짧은 탈출을 합니다. 나는 수중사진작가로서 이 마법 세계의 아름다움을 찾으려고 노력하며, 다른 사람들과 공유하려고 합니다.

Iguana
This Iguana is feeding on the alges in the shallows near Isabella Island Galapagos.
이 이구아나는 갈라파고스 이자벨라섬 근처의 얕은 계곡에서 먹이를 먹고 있었습니다.

KLM Ilike
Half half picture taken with the 16mm fisheye lens during

a liveaboard trip on KLM Ilike in Kaimana West Papoua.
Kaimana West Papoua의 KLM Ilike에서 리브어보드 여행 중에

16mm 어안렌즈로 촬영한 반수면 사진.

Mating
Close up picture of two dragoneths during the mating ritual. Picture taken at St. Eustatius.
짝짓기 의식 동안 두 dragoneths의 가까이 촬영을 했습니다. St. Eustatius에서 촬영.

Pike blennys
The male pike blennys are very active during mating season, and as soon that a second
male comes too close a huge fight decides the winner. Picture taken at St. Eustatius.
수컷 Pike Blenny는 짝짓기 계절 동안에 아주 활동적이고, 두 수컷이 가깝게 다가가
거대한 전투를 벌여 우승자를 결정합니다. St. Eustatius에서 촬영.

Angels
The beautiful colors of the angelfish. Thos two were really curious and came close to the lens.

Picture taken at Domenican Republik.
천사고기의 아름다운 색상. 그 두 물고기는 정말로 호기심이 많았고 렌즈 가까이에 다가왔습니다.

도미니카공화국에서 촬영.

Froggy
Giant frogfish on the wreck of ?Alma Jane? at Sabang Beach Philippines.
필리핀 사방비치에 위치한 ‘Alma Jane’의 잔해에 앉아있는 큰 씬뱅이.

Sky high
This nudibranch gave me a perfect look of the mouth and belly. Together with the
model in the sun good for a ?Whaw? shot. Picture taken during Hugycup shootout
contest at Dahab Egypt.
이 갯민숭달팽이는 나에게 입과 배의 완전한 모양을 보여줬습니다. 태양을 뒤로한 모델이
있어 ‘Whaw’ 촬영에 좋습니다. 이집트 다합에서 개최된 Hugycup 촬영대회 중에 촬영.

Hammerhead
Close encounter with a scallopped hammerhead at ?Darwin Arch? in Galapagos
갈라파고스의 ‘다윈아치(Darwin Arch)’에서 망치상어와의 가깝게 만났습니다.

Dugong
The dugong is a rare animal, and one of the few divesites where you can find them
is in Egypt, at ?Marsa Mubarak?. Unfortunately many daily snorkelers disturb them
so much that they are mostly very shy.
희귀한 해양동물인 듀공은 ‘Marsa Mubarak’에 있습니다.

이집트에서도 듀공을 발견할수 있는 곳은 몇 안 됩니다.

불행히도 매일 많은 스노클러들이 매우 수줍음이 많은 그들을 방해합니다.

Lizard fish
Cleaning action of a big lizard fish. By opening his mouth he invites the cleaner
shrimps to clean the inside of the mouth. Picture taken at St. Eustatius.
큰 도마뱀고기의 청소 행동입니다. 입을 열면 청소새우가 입 안쪽을 청소하도록

초대합니다. St. Eustatius에서의 촬영.

Painted
A very small anemonefish in a white anenomie. Stunning colors in a nice
composition. Picture taken at Puerto Galera Philippines.
흰색 말미잘에서 아주 작은 동갈돔입니다. 멋진 구도의 놀라운 색상.

필리핀 푸에르토 갈레라에서 촬영.

Blue ringed octopus
A blue ringed octopus is rare to see, but this one was really posing again and again.
Picture taken in Malaysia at Mabul Island on the house reef of ?water bungalows?.
블루링 옥토퍼스를 보는 것도 드물지만, 다이버가 몇 번이고 반복적으로 포즈를 취하여
촬영하였습니다. 말레이시아 마블섬의 ‘water bungalows’ house reef에서 촬영.