[수중사진작가] Suzan Meldonian (USA) (2019년 5/6월호)
 작성자 : 스쿠바미디…
작성일 : 2019-05-20     조회 : 5,285  

Suzan Meldonian (USA)

Suzan is an underwater photo journalist and ocean advocate using her photo documentary work to bring new and unusual marine creatures to the public eye. Her recent focus is Black water diving; photographing planktonic aliens from the deep, that rise to the surface each night in what is referred to as a Vertical Migration. It is the largest migration on Earth and it occurs every night all over the world!
While it is not new to scientists, it is ground breaking for photographers. The creatures are spectacular and the possibilities to document new species and behavior in siteu, is endless.
Suzan has published two books, “Under the Bridge” and the “BHB Companion,” raising worldwide awareness and
making the Blue Heron Bridge now one of the top 60 dive sites in the world.
Through her images, Suzan brings the personalities and traits of many marine critters. “As we learn more, we evolve.” Her philosophy is that as photographers, it becomes our inherent duty to share with the world that which goes on, beneath the horizon.
Suzan은 대중의 관점에서 새롭고 특이한 해양생물을 촬영하여 사진 다큐멘터리 작업을 하는 수중사진 저널리스트이자 해양 대변자이다. 최근 그녀의 관심은 블랙워터 다이빙이다. Vertical Migration라고 불리는 곳에서 매일 밤 수면으로 떠오르는 플랑크톤 외계생명체를 촬영한다. 그것은 지구상에서 가장 큰 이동이며 매일 밤에 전 세계에서 발생한다.
과학자들에게는 새로운 것이 아니겠지만, 사진작가들에게는 신기한 것이다. 생물체는 장관이며 siteu에서 새로운 종과 생태를 기록하여 자료화할 수 있는 것이 무궁무진하다.
Suzan은 “Under the Bridge”와 “BHB Companion” 이라는 두 권의 책을 출판하여 전 세계적으로 인지도를 높였고, 현재 세계에서 톱 60 다이빙사이트 중에 하나인 Blue Heron Bridge를 제작하고 있다.
Suzan은 사진을 통해 많은 해양생물들의 개성과 특징을 보여준다. “우리가 더 많이 배울수록 진화한다.” 그녀의 철학은 지평선 아래에서 진행되고 있는 것을 세상과 공유하는 것이 사진작가로서 할 수 있는 고유의 의무라고 생각한다.

Websites:
https://www.niteflightphoto.com
https://www.discovertheoceans.com
https://www.sfups.org

Credits
Underwater Dive Photo Guide, Heinz Press, Spor t Diver,

Asian Diver, Ocean Geographic, EZ Dive, ScubaShooters,

National Geographic, UnderwaterMacrophotography, Smithsonian,

Underwater Photography.com, Reef Fish identification Books, I

ndonesian Dept. of Tourism, East Flores Indonesia, Mergulho,

Brazil, UW360 and she is currently the President of South Florida

Underwater Photography Society and DiscovertheOceans.com.

Manatee Reflection
Photographed near Three Sisters in Homassas, Florida. The fresh water springs stay at a constant temperature providing a warmer shelter for manatees in the winter months when water temperatures can often plummet below the manatees sustainable body temperature.
매너티의 반영
Florida Homassas의 Three Sisters 근처에서 촬영하였다. 민물 온천은 일정한 온도를 유지하기 때문에 겨울철에 해수 온도가 낮아 체온유지가 힘든 매너티에게 따뜻한 쉼터를 제공한다.

Tripodfish, DIscoverichthys praexoc larva
This image has gone around the world to all the ichthyology departments at the top universities. Perhaps one of the very first photographs ever taken of this animal. Photographed on a black water dive in Florida.
Tripodfish,DIscoverichthys praexoc 유충이 이미지는 세계 최고 대학의 모든 소아과에 전달하였다. 이 생물은 최초로 촬영한 사진이다. 플로리다의 블랙워터 다이빙에서 촬영하였다.

Fish in a Pyrosome
Pyrosomes are free-f loating colonial tunicates that usually live in the upper layers of the open ocean in warm seas. They provide a shelter to many larval and pelagic creatures. Found on a Black water dive in Florida.
Pyrosomes에서 물고기
Pyrosomes는 대개 따듯한 바다에서 열린 바다의 상층에서 자유롭게 떠다니며 서식하는 멍게류이다. 그것들은 많은 유충과 원양생물에게 피난처를 제공한다. 플로리다의 블랙워터 다이브에서 촬영하였다.

Fireworm Face
A macro close up of a highly toxic fireworm photographed at the Blue Heron Bridge, in Florida USA

파이어웜 페이스
미국 플로리다에서 the Blue Heron Bridge에서 매우 강한 독을 가진 fireworm의 근접하여 촬영하였다.

Happy Dragonet
A super macro shot of one of my favorite fish found at the Blue Heron Bridge.
해피 드레고넷
내가 좋아하는 물고기 중에 하나로 the Blue Heron Bridge에서 발견하여 슈퍼매크로로 촬영하였다.

Whale Shark and the Photographer
I just love the sweeping motion as this goliath cruises by me, it’s tail braised my cheek as it swirled around me.
고래상어와 사진가
나는 이 골리앗이 나를 따라 순회하면서 쓰다듬는 듯한 움직임을 좋아한다. 내 주위를 빙빙 돌며 꼬리로 찌를 정도이다.

Purple Anemones
Heteractis magnifica An amazing reef scene as far as the eye could see there were hundreds of these beautiful purple anemones with an array of Anthias. One of the most breath taking scenes I’ve seen to date- Maldives.
자주색 말미잘
Heteractis magnifica, Anthias의 무리와 어우러진 수백 개의 아름다운 보라색 말미잘은 볼수록 있는 놀라운 리프 모습이다. 지금까지 보아온 것 중에 가장 숨이 막히는 장면 중에 하나이다. 몰디브에서 촬영하였다.

Alien Fish face
A larval lizardfish close up looking much like an alien from outer space.
외계인 물고기 얼굴
A lizardfish 유충을 우주에서 온 외계생물체처럼 가까이 촬영하였다.

American Crocodile
Photographed in the wild in Cuba in the mangroves of Jardinas de la Reina on an Ocean Geographic expedition. It actually rested its jaws on the dome port.
아메리칸 악어
Ocean Geographic expedition에 쿠바 Jardinas de la Reina의 야생 맹그로브숲에서 촬영하였다. 실제 돔포트에 턱을 얹었다.